The following Code of Conduct applies to everyone attending Budapest Balboa Meeting.
1. Organizers are dedicated to providing a safe and comfortable event experience for everyone. We will not discriminate according to sex, gender expression or sexual orientation, nor race, religion, or nationality. We will treat everyone equally, regardless of age, ability, physical appearance, lifestyle, dance experience or dance role.
1. We will be nice to everyone and treat all people with respect. We will not harass anyone. We will respect other people’s views and opinions and not engage in gossip.
1. We will be inclusive and invite others to dance and we will be gracious if turned down. We may say no without giving a reason, but we will be polite when doing so. If we do promise to dance later on, we will honour that promise.
1. We acknowledge that everyone has a different dance paths and we will respect that journey by being patient with each other, understanding that we all learn at different speeds. We will never give unsolicited feedback about the dance in any class or social event to other students or teachers, unless specifically asked to do so.
1. We will attend classes and events with a positive, friendly, approachable and open attitude, ready to learn and have fun. We will be open to feedback from our teachers about our development to ensure we will get the most out of our dance journey.
1. We will be responsible for our own physical safety and that of others nearby. We will practice safe floor-craft and will never perform aerials on the social dance floor. If we consume alcohol we will do so responsibly, and if we are drunk enough to pose a risk to ourselves or others, we will leave the dance floor.
1. We will take care of our own personal hygiene, and bring towels, spare clothing, extra deodorant and take a shower before class or event if necessary.
1. We understand that following the above guidelines ensures a better experience for everyone and that participating in any kind of verbal, physical or sexual harassment or abuse will have consequences. This may include, but is not limited to, being asked to leave without refund and exclusion from future classes and events.
1. We, the organizers, promise to treat any reports made with sensitivity. We encourage anyone who has experienced or witnessed intimidating or inappropriate behavior to contact an organizer.